Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Guy Gavriel Kay. And Music.

I've added another link -- Guy Gavriel Kay's website. My next post will probably be a review of his books Sailing to Sarantium and Lord of Emperors (a duology entitled The Sarantine Mosaic).

For now there isn't much to say. I'm still working for Jeff technically, although I haven't done much recently. I've been working for Mom more than Jeff in the last week; mowing lawns, picking up Melanie, washing dishes. I got over the Evil Sickness of Death rather quickly, so that's good. Because I've been doing a lot of driving recently I've also been listening to a lot of music -- tapes and the radio, since that's what my car can play (a vast improvement from my last car, which couldn't play anything). I've enjoyed the original cast recording of "Into the Woods" quite a bit -- I got it for about a $1 at Savers, and it's been more than worth it. I want to see a video of it now, so I can understand the second half better. I've heard it's depressing, but I don't care. Agony and Agony Reprise are my favorite songs...

Oh, and if anyone feels like giving me a random present, how about this CD? I've heard the second song on it played three times on classical stations on the radio now, and they don't normally repeat songs much. It's Faure's Pavane, but for classical guitar and orchestra. It's so beautiful! Oh, and you could also give me The Book of Secrets...

No comments :