Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Pizza Rubble

Today I tried making pizza (from scratch, except for the dough, which was Pillsbury) for the first time. It would have turned out alright, except that when the time came to transfer the pizza to the hot baking stone, the toppings were more eager to be transferred than the dough. It didn't flip, it just sort of... slid unequally. That is, the toppings slid and the dough didn't. Eventually with the help of a spatula the rest of the pizza sort of scrunched its way on, and it tasted alright, at least in most places. Ah, but the poor pizza rubble. I think the problem may have been that I tried to get part of it ready ahead of time during my work breaks, so I could just put it in the oven and eat after I finished work. If the dough hadn't been sitting there as long maybe it wouldn't have been feeling so attached. Posted by Picasa

2 comments :

luminarumbra said...

Hey, it's the taste that counts, not the looks!

Marcy said...

Sure! It was good, mmmm... I think it'd be better without some of the toppings on the stone, though. More of a consistent taste, at least.