Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling

I've just finished book six, but I have a bit of catchup to do before I write about that.

This was an excellent book. I remember marveling about that as I finished it. As I reread each of these books I find that I've forgotten many things and have to solve parts of the mysteries all over again, while other things remain quite clear. There was one major bit of Goblet of Fire that I couldn't help but remember, and I was quite impressed with Voldemort's evil scheme, remembering. The first time I was too surprised to be impressed.

This book really expanded the emotional range of the series, too. Parts of the book [I won't say which parts, just in case Sharon doesn't want to know, not having read it yet... (= ] feel quite as traumatic as you know they're supposed to be. It's like you've been hearing about Harry's pain, but now it's yours, too. Or as though you felt his pain before, but it was a child's pain, and now it's not. Good book.

1 comment :

lasselanta said...

Thanks for the deference to one who reads the HP books "as one born out of time"... :-)