Monday, February 04, 2008

Tears of the Giraffe

Tears of the Giraffe (The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #2) by Alexander McCall Smith
Read: 2/2/08-2/3/08
Librarything tags: Mystery, Africa, Sonderbook (click here for Sondy's review)

I liked this even better than the first one. There was more about Mma Precious Ramotswe's personal life in it, and I think that's why. Besides just being wonderful, this made the book feel more connected, and less like a collection of stories. Tears of the Giraffe is good and right, like a friendly chat over tea. It's the sort of book that first interested me in other cultures, and in not just going to exotic lands, but getting to know the people, becoming a part of the land, knowing it.

And now that I've written these reviews, I can return the books to the library and get more. ::anticipatory chuckle::

No comments :