Saturday, July 12, 2008

Goodbye to My Phone and Other Woes

My phone is broken. Physically. First there was just a little piece of the casing missing. But it was right on the corner that pivots every time you flip the phone open, so it quickly deteriorated. Soon the data cable was the only thing holding that side together. Data cables are not made for holding phones together. Don't work too well for that purpose. Apparently the bit of technology that tells the phone it's open is in the number pad section, as opposed to the screen section. So my screen doesn't work. It seems my phone can still call other phones, and if someone picked up they might even be able to hear me, but I couldn't hear them. So I am sorry, Mr. Phone, and it is very sad, but goodbye. (Oh, and the final bit of breakage was just this morning -- yes, Robert, I know I need to return your calls. And I should be able to check my messages using John's phone, although I forget how to do that at the moment.)

In other news, I arrived home from work at the perfectly respectable time of 6:20 p.m. There should be parking spots, when one is home so early. But were there? No. Of course not. Why not? Because it's Saturday. Bad, stupid Saturdays! ::insert cute little deviantart icon of a shaking fist here::

No comments :