Tuesday, November 10, 2009

7,675

Or 7,670 by nanowrimo.org's word counter. Either way, I haven't accomplished much else today, and I'm still tragically behind on this year's novel, but at least I did laundry and made progress today. Almost 3000 words. Not bad.

Not bad, not bad, not bad at all. I can do this, I can do this... ::Marcy talks to herself, trying to convince herself of the feasibility of 2009's NaNoWriMo::

That whole "show, don't tell" thing is really annoying sometimes. It can help pad wordcounts, but it can also really really delay the more interesting, exciting scenes. I have a feeling I've written some things I will be cutting later... Ah vell. (No, that's not a typo. It's a German accent.)

Um, so yeah, I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. By the way. For info on my novel, go here. I was thinking this year would be harder than last year because it'd be easier -- that is, I've already proved I can do it, so I wouldn't have as much drive to succeed. Now I'm not so sure, though. It seems... well, I write as fast as I did last year, over a thousand words per hour generally, but it doesn't feel like I'm writing that fast. It feels like this idea is so much newer than last year's was, more strange, less exciting, and I'm just plain not prepared enough. But I think that's wrong. But that's my barrier, this year. I probably don't need my previous strategy--an even more ambitious goal, to kick my drive to succeed into gear. My thought was to not only try for a 50,000 word novel by the end of November, but also 8000 more words in my Aedhira novel and at least a few minutes a week editing The Miller's Granddaughter. I guess I'll still try. Meh.

No comments :