Sunday, July 15, 2012

Flash Fiction Contest

Writer Unboxed is having a "7 Sizzling Sundays of Summer Flash Fiction Contest." For stories of 250 words or less. Rules and prizes are at the previous link, and here's the latest writing prompt, open for submissions until early Wednesday morning (4 a.m. Pacific Time).

Thought my writing friends might be interested. You've missed two weeks, but there's still time to participate this week and for three more weeks. And hey, lots of good little stories to read, too. This is a more serious writing website than some. Not very amateurish. Donald Maass and Juliet Marillier are even among their blog's regular contributors, which is pretty awesome. (I haven't yet reviewed Writing the Breakout Novel by Maass, though I loved it, but I've reviewed five of Marillier's books -- probably easiest to find them by heading over to my Book Reviews by Author page and scrolling down to Marillier.) Anyway, all that to say, maybe that's why most of the entries seem to be of a fairly high quality. All of them are available to read in the comments. And if you want you can just read the best of the best by looking for the winners and the honorable mentions announced each following week.

I entered the opening week (same link as the rules and prizes above) and this week (yeah, latest writing prompt link). So there's that, too. The labels on this post that don't seem to relate to the content here are about those stories. I wasn't very creative -- based both stories very strongly off myself -- but hey, they don't know that! Shh, don't tell.

No comments :