Monday, July 17, 2006

Chibi Vampire Volume 1

Chibi Vampire by Yuna Kagesaki

I found this one thanks to Robert, who let me borrow it. It’s a manga about Karin (the title of the series in Japan), a high school girl who is a sort of reverse vampire. Once a month, it’s either find someone to give her excess blood to or experience the Nosebleed to end all Nosebleeds. She doesn’t fit in with her family, since they’re all normal vampires, and, although she’s done well until now at pretending to be like her normal human classmates, she isn’t truly human either. Thus far it’s basically a romantic comedy – i.e., the heroine gets into very embarrassing but funny situations when she’s around the guy who we all know she’s going to like – and I quite enjoyed it. Hopefully I can get my hands on further volumes soon.

No comments :