Monday, September 04, 2006

LibraryThing Viewing

I discovered the reason LibraryThing won't let you see my "date read" and other such things is that when you're logged out, you see any catalog you look at in one of the LibraryThing default views -- you can switch between them, but you can't customize them, and none of them let you see dates. If you get your own account (all you have to do is come up with a user name and password), when you're logged in it'll use your own customizable view settings for any catalog you look at. Of the LibraryThing default views, I think A and D give the most interesting information about my books for those who might want to borrow them, because A lets you see my tags and rating, and D lets you see my comments (which sometimes show that I don't actually own the book -- it'll say "Joi's" or something, instead).

No comments :