Wednesday, August 30, 2006

New Addiction

I found LibraryThing. I'm not going to bother linking to it here, because it's already up on my sidebar. I also got one of those amazon associate membership thingies so I can get a tiny referral fee for "qualifying revenue" -- i.e. I put up a link to the book's page on amazon, you click on the link, you buy the book, I get some money. So far I only have one such link up though -- the "currently reading" one (the "currently reviewing" one still goes to Active Christian Media, formerly known as Mind & Media). So, in future, if you're going to buy a book, do it through me (if I've got it up here, of course) and help me just a little tiny tiny bit in paying my bills. Yay!

Oh, so back to LibraryThing. As you can see, I've added stuff to my sidebar. It's all pretty self-explanatory. Clicking on the picture will take you to amazon, clicking on the other stuff will take you to what it says... My catalog isn't very extensive yet, I've just put a few things up and don't have it all organized like I want yet. I don't own all of the books -- if there's no "date acquired" listed, I don't own it (and it's probably from my amazon wish list). If there's no "date read" listed, I haven't read it. Oh, wait, never mind -- at the moment when someone else looks at my catalog they can't see those fields. I'll see if that's changeable or not... But yeah, pretty simple. I'm planning on having more fun with it in future.

No comments :