Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thanksgiving

I originally wrote this on November 25th. I post it now for your reading pleasure.

Thanksgiving Day has come and gone, one more year. My vacation is about to end. I had a really good time up here in Wheaton, though. I will look forward to Christmas.

I really felt a part of John's family on this trip. I've felt that before, and known I was a part of the family before, but this time it seemed especially real. It was nice.

And then, of course, there's the place itself. California, even Southern California, does have seasons, despite what people say. They are subtle, and they are different than most of the rest of the country, but they do exist. Watch a completely wild, abandoned lot, and you'll see them (unless you're really unobservant). But, all that said, it was nice to be around picture book seasons. The houses in Wheaton are old and beautiful, and combined with all the leafless trees, it's really quite charming around here right now. Especially after seeing it in the summer as well, so lush and green.

No comments :