Thursday, November 01, 2007

Fruits Basket Volume 17

Fruits Basket Volume 17 by Natsuki Takaya

At last, the purpose behind the slew.

Wow. Volume O' Secrets.
Normally in manga, the volumes are so very nameless, continuations of the story without having a particular character in themselves. Not this one. Three major (and I mean major!) secrets come to light, in pretty quick succession (of course -- these volumes aren't exactly lengthy). They don't solve any problems, in the sense that they don't make you feel like the story is about to end, but they do make me want to read the whole series over again. There would definitely be some things I'd understand better now.

Only complaint: in several places it was a little confusing who was talking or whether or why the scene had jumped to something else. I'm not sure it was worse than other volumes though, might just be because I'd been reading Ultra Maniac, which seems to have a slightly clearer (if less deep) style.

No comments :