Saturday, February 23, 2008

"Come on, move!"

...she commanded the books on her table, prodding them impatiently. "I love too many books. If you don't hurry up and get yourselves sold to some customers, how am I going to add more books to this freakishly packed table? I ask you. Yes, I know it's only been two days, but already I've had to remove The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles, Till We Have Faces, Stories from the Growing Years, and The War of the Flowers to make room for Twilight, The Neverending Story, The Princess Bride, and The Challenge of Jesus. And The Princess and the Goblin and The Hundred and One Dalmatians should be coming soon. At least one of you needs to sell. Show me you're trying."

2 comments :

aelthwyn said...

aww! no fair! I wanna table of my own too! ;) I was so excited when they told us a year ago that we could have one 'end cap' of staff reccommends books, but that got replaced quickly, sigh..... I love that you took lots of pictures, I would have too =) books really are special, they sometimes feel like little pieces that have been picked up and sewed into one's soul so that now, when people see you books, they really see part of you.

Marcy said...

Yes! I want everyone to have a table! (= I'm sorry they didn't keep it. Books are lovely. Just looking at the good ones again always makes me happy.