Sunday, January 30, 2005

I'm Engaged!!!!!!!!

And I can finally post that because now all the people I've told about my blog know. I didn't want someone to find out I'm engaged by reading my blog. I did want to post here that I'm engaged though, just... because. It's something very important to me! That's why my blog has been feeling so lonely and neglected -- I didn't want to post anything until I could post this!

So, here's the full story, if you haven't heard it yet.

His family opens presents on Christmas Eve, so the plan was that we were going to go to his parents' house in the afternoon to make Christmas cookies and stuff, and then we'd have dinner and open presents. As soon as I arrived he came out of the house and put me in his car, and we started driving. At the gas station I asked him where we were going, but he said (like I thought he would), that it was a surprise. Later he had me start guessing. First thing I guessed was the beach, because that was the only thing I could think of that we would want to go to that was in the direction we were going. But he said no. Later I asked if we really weren't going to the beach again, and again he said no. We kept driving that way, and eventually entered the beach parking lot, where I said, "So we're not going to the beach, huh?" He smiled and said something like no, I just needed to stop to use a restroom. So we got out and walked by the water for a while, and then sat down. He asked me how I thought our relationship was going, and I answered and asked him back. He said, "Well, let me show you," and pulled out the ring, knelt down, and proposed!

I was suprised, since he had explained (before I started guessing where we were going) that he just wanted to do something special today instead of being around his mom when she was all stressed making cookies. And then at the beach he said we just hadn't been there in a while. So he was very good at taking care of my suspicions. Even in the morning, I had gone back to my parents' house to get a present for him that had been shipped there, and he had me call him when I left. I thought it was just so he'd know around what time I'd be getting back, but actually he went over to my parents' house once I'd left, to ask them for permission!

No comments :