Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fruits Basket Volume 5

Fruits Basket Volume 5 by Natsuki Takaya

This volume was about: Golden Week and the trip to the summer home by the lake, including Shigure and Hatori, and Ayame a little later on; Ayame offering Hatori pictures from Kana’s wedding; the introduction of Kisa and Yuki’s acceptance of the role of student body president; the Yuki Fan Club’s trip to Hana’s house; Tohru getting sick after she found out she needed to take a make-up test.


“‘B- But I’ve already been treated to a trip once this year, so…’

‘Ah! But I didn’t go with you that time!’ Sigh… ‘Truthfully, Tohru-kun… …my heart longed to go with you… I felt so left out…’

‘All right, then. Let’s go!!

DON’T MANIPULATE HER!!’” –Tohru, Shigure, Tohru, and Kyo & Yuki


“‘I was looking… …for her.’

! What a cute kitty!!

I thought she’d say that…’” –Hatsuharu, Tohru, and Yuki
[Just like me! (= ]


“‘I think… …when you hear someone say they like you, for the first time… …then you can begin to like yourself. I think when someone accepts you, for the first time… …you feel like you can… …forgive yourself a little. You can begin to face your fears… with courage.’

‘…Yeah. Yeah. Yeah… I was so hap.. …py…’

‘Ki…’

‘Kisa. Kisa, what do you… want to do next? Do you think it’s okay to stay like this?’

‘No… never… I have to… try my best… …or I’ll… become… …worse and… worse. Even if I can’t make up with them… even…if they all ignore me. Even if my heart… …is still seen as inferior. I still have to… …try my best.’

‘That’s right… Someday… …I’ll have to stand up for my worthless self. Let’s try our best. I’ll try, too. And if you get sad again… …or if things get too rough… …come here. Here… Is where she is.’” –Yuki, Kisa, Haru, Yuki, Kisa, and Yuki (I think)


“‘You’re not Tohru-san and Arisa-san… Are you new friends of Saki…?’

‘No, they happen to go to the same school, and happen to have the same gender, but they are complete strangers.’

Is she being sarcastic?!’” –Megumi (Hana’s brother), Hana-chan, and Motoko Minagawa (head of the Prince Yuki Fan Club)
Nope, she’s not.


“‘… … Actually. …I was a little… …jealous, too… It felt like the Sohma family had taken Tohru-kun from me. It left me feeling… …lonely. But… “Respect the other person’s feelings.” You are right. That’s why I cannot be selfish… I mustn’t be like those three…’

‘You can learn from their bad example…’” –Hana-chan and Megumi, speaking of the Yuki Fan Club


“‘……… Sheesh… You’re hopeless… You know, you’ll end up with a fever if you keep that… …up…. DO YOU HAVE A FEVER?! WAIT A SECOND—DID YOU GET A FEVER RIGHT AFTER I SAID IT?! That’s dangerous! And confusing!!

‘Hauehh…’” –Kyo and Tohru


“‘This… This means…

‘Hey! Eat! Now! Your fever’s never gonna go down!’

…He’s trying… …to cheer me up! It really is delicious.’

‘…… There’s no way that tastes good. Not at all, compared to… …your cooking. ……… You being level-headed would be creepy.’” –Tohru and Kyo

No comments :