Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fruits Basket Volume 6

Fruits Basket Volume 6 by Natsuki Takaya

This volume contains the introduction of Kyo’s master and father figure, Kazuma, and the climactic anime ending scenes with Kyo. Then there was some hinting about resulting emotions in Yuki and Kagura, but not much spelled out. And then it was back to stuff from earlier in the anime, as Yuki and Tohru visited Ayame’s shop.


“‘You don’t have to…love everything. It’s okay… …if you were scared. It’s okay…Because being scared… …is proof that you’re actually looking at my ugliness. But, Mom… you always told me that you loved me, but you wouldn’t even look at me. You wouldn’t even think about me. Did you really think it was enough to just talk like you loved me?’” -Kyo


“‘Yuki-kun! Some of the student council members were looking for you. Something about “doing things by the book.”’

‘Honda-san. I… I can tie my necktie faster than I used to. And I can somehow button my shirt better. And my vegetables don’t die as often. And I think… I’m more comfortable talking to people now. I know these are just little things… …but by doing them… …I think I’m getting closer to trying the things I couldn’t stand before. Even if it’s just a little bit at a time… …it’s helping me to work through my issues. Maybe I’ll be able to open the lid I’ve closed so tightly… …without being swallowed up. Maybe someday I can become that person… …that I told Kisa I would become. But I still have a long way to go. Honda-san… I’ve worried you.’

‘!’

‘I’m sorry.’

Eh?! Oh no, you don’t have to do that! I just…!’

‘[I’m st]*ill… so pathetic.’

?!!

‘There’s still a lot… …that I’m not ready to tell you… …Honda-san. But… …I will. Little… …by little. I’ll gain the courage… …to tell you.

‘Okay.’”

*ink blot on the page or something, I’m guessing on the part in brackets.

No comments :